Health Insurance Information
Databases Available to Nebraskans Websites Selected by Librarians
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Federal department within Health and Human Services devoted to programs including Medicare and Medicaid
- Eligibility guidelines for prescriptions
- Health Insurance Data from the Census Bureau
- Healthcare.gov Federal government website that starts July 1 2010. The site will give consumers a list of all private and government health care plans for individuals and small businesses in their areas.
- Insurance Programs Information about Medicare, Medicaid and other programs from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Aging Unit.
- Medicare.gov Official federal website
- My Medicare Matters Get Educated about Medicare's Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D)
- Nebraska Comprehensive Health Insurance Pool The Nebraska Comprehensive Health Insurance Pool (NECHIP) provides health insurance to Nebraska residents who are unable to obtain it at an affordable price or without restrictions because of a medical condition.
- Nebraska Senior Health Insurance Information Program SHIIP Nebraska Department of Insurance site featuring Medicare information and comparison guides to supplemental and advantage plans available in Nebraska. Call 1-800-234-7119